In the immortal words of Inigo Montoya "I hate waiting"...
Unfortunately, that is about all I can do. The thing with due dates, is it's a guess at best. To find ones due date, you look at the date of your last period, how long they tend to be and then this is this Pythagorean formula to give you a date. Of course if you do not happen to have a nice regular cycle, which so do not, then that formula is right out the window.
So here I am, at my reappointed due date (ok technically it's tomorrow), and nothing has happened. I know that first babies tend to be late and blah blah, but here's the thing, you have this date circled on your calender. You rush and hurry and plan to be sure everything is ready for this date. Then it comes...and nothing. So now, all you can do is sit around and wait. I don't wait well. And now every time I call someone I have to preface the conversation with "I'm not in labor yet" and people have started asking "well when will you go"...I have news, if I knew, I'd tell you, Fluff has his own time table and unfortunately we won't know what it is til he shows up.
This of course does not stop people from venturing their guess as to when Fluff will come. Here are some dates that are being thrown around...
Uncle Johnny said yesterday (he lost)
My dr. requested today
My niece Emily says Monday
Kristina says Tuesday (I hope you go then too lady)
MIL is requesting next Thursday (damn that MCAST)
So feel free to toss out a date and we'll see who's right!!
I tend to feel next Tuesday/Wednesday.
Saturday, March 24, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment