
as previously mentioned, Mikhail has had some problems getting to sleep at night. It's partly due to some teeth coming in (Motrin for that) and partly, I think, because he's gotten used to my rocking him to sleep while he nursed. So, in an effort to help him be able to sooth himself to sleep and to put an end to "up every 3hours screaming until Mommy came to cuddle me" sleep routine, I decided, as heartbreaking as it is to go through, my boy was old enough to cry it out. I started last week, and things were going well. I can tell you that Mikhail has an amazing ability to scream himself horse, while turning bright red, and not loose his Binky. Things hit a snag this weekend when I went up to bed and noticed a smell that could rival the Bog of Eternal Stench coming from the general region of my sons toosh. I went to check on him and noticed a wonderful brownish stain creeping up his back, I couldn't leave him like that, so despite his peaceful slumber I had to wake him up to change him. I will go to my grave certain that if I had not had to take his onsie off, he would have slept through the whole process. But alas, he did wake up and we have been back to square one since. Tonight, I decided it was time to get back into the swing of things. I set my little internal timer to my Ferber zone and dutifully checked on him at 5 mins, 10 mins and 15, then let him go. After a total of 45mins, it finally got quiet. I waited another 10 and then went in to check on him. The picture above is what I found. Similar to the first night of cry it out, my son had fallen asleep sitting up in the corner of the crib. As if he was standing there crying and finally said "oh forget this" and just dropped where he was. As tough as this is, I know it's for the best and tomorrow morning when he wakes up, he'll still give me hugs and slimy kisses, the troubles of tonight a misty past.
Sweet Dreams Everyone.

2 comments:
Good for you, hon!!!
((hugs))
Post a Comment