April 18 - went and got a lovely hair cut and picked up our new dishwasher. Ordered dinner..I got a Ruben. Hmm...I don't like Rubens. The last time I liked Rubens I was pregnant with Mikhail. (doing math in my head)
April 23 - after a weekend of some series swimming in Denial, a little spotting and a general feeling of being death warmed over, I left work early to take THE TEST. Low and behold, we had two pink lines. Went to my dr. and confirmed that I was pregnant. We were shocked, but happy. We had always said we wanted another, just happened a bit sooner than planned.
April 24 - woke up feeling very sick. Went to the bathroom, got violently ill and noticed some bleeding. I called my dr. and ended up in the ER. After several hours of testing, blood work and ultrasounds it was determined that I had miscarried. The dr. said there was a slim chance I was still pregnant, but was about 97% sure I had miscarried. I had to go on Monday for more testing to confirm the miscarriage.
April 30 - after 3 days of waiting for the results of my miscarriage, my doctor called to say "We think you're still pregnant' WHAT???!!! I always thought you either were or you weren't, but apparently you can be kind of.
For the next two weeks we had lots of blood work to check hormone levels and ultrasounds to confirm either the pregnancy or the miscarriage.
Finally on May 9, we went for an ultrasound and saw the heartbeat. So we are in fact pregnant. My due date is Jan. 1.

1 comment:
So are we gonna change the title to the blog? Perhaps, Fluff X's 2 = NUTTER! ;) Or something like that? Not a bad idea...
I've already said it but, this is cause for celebration so I'll say it again: CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!
I predict boy.**
*hugs*
-Me
**Since my predictions are usually wrong, this perhaps means that you are indeed having a girl, in which case that adorable turtle outfit you bought miss Rubes will FINALLY have a new home! ;)
Post a Comment