Thursday, September 14, 2006

The Great Bedding Debate

Ok, I know this sounds silly, but the minuet I learned I was pregnant, the first thing I did was start looking for baby bedding. I don't know what kind of odd nesting instinct took over, but I was on the quest to find the perfect, neutral crib set. After much searching....I found IT...it was perfect, moons and stars and I loved it. And it was available at Burlington Coat Factory, since I REFUSE to register at Babies R Us (that store is the work of the devil) unfortunately, now that I am "in the clear"...the bedding has been discontinued!!!! So my dilemma is this...do I start collecting pieces that I can find on line and on eBay (which sucks cause I can't register for it ) or do I give it up and find something else??

A couple of other options that I liked included : Turtles , Nursery Rhymes , Noah's Arc , Jungles and Other Moons & Stars

What do you all think? Am I way over thinking this??

Help me......

8 comments:

Mommy & Daddy said...

Well if I had an ounce of artistic talent I would do a mural..but I have other ides!! :-)

Miss_Deidre said...

*waves at Mark*
I say go plain with the bedding itself but splurge a little on the accoutrements ... I like the Other Moon & Stars personally ... Or get Mother working on a quilt for Fluffernutter in a celestial pattern (I'd offer but hey, we ALL know My inability to use anything that even remotely resembles a domesticated object like a needle and thread!)
Love you

Miss_Deidre said...

*waves* Hiyas Mark, Blaire and crew!
Think we can put enough pressure on her to get her to start thinking our way??
*giggle*
How are you guys doing? I haven't seen you since the wedding!

Mommy & Daddy said...

Babcia is currently stiching her little heart out. This kid is going to have more blankets/gans than s/him'll know what to do with. Plus I'll get a Sally Quilt (woman I work with) so that's all covered.

Can I solicit a Quilt from YOUR mom!! ;-)

Anonymous said...

Well, I can't promise anything but I'll see what Mary can do from the Great Beyond ...

*smirk*

Mommy & Daddy said...

Mary from beyond the grave would still be better than you in this world!!

*ducking*

Anonymous said...

Yes, with her $500 sewing machine and 1 sewing lesson ... and her inability to differentiate between which end of the needle is threaded and which end goes through the fabric!
*snort*

Kris said...

I think it's adorable. I love it.

Kris (Amy's Cousin

 
Site Meter