Monday, February 19, 2007

Nursery Pics

We had a very busy weekend. Daddy, Grampy and Uncle Eric put the new floor in the nursery and put up the boarder. All I had to do was make Mac and Cheese for lunch!! It got done pretty quickly and the transformation in the room is incredible. For those of you who never saw the room, originally, it had mint green walls with a green carpet. When we moved in, we slapped white paint over the green until such time as we were going to do something more exciting with it. But the finished product is very impressive....

The newly painted walls and the too cute for words border. It's hard to see the color in this picture, but it's a really soft buttery yellow. It's very mellow and relaxing, but makes the room feel sunny. I LOVE the border,the elephant is my favorite. I'm very glad Daddy forgot to edge the ceiling and I got to have it, I think it makes the room feel much more like a nursery.
The closet is looking good. We need to get a shelf for the middle and maybe some shelves or drawers, and doors, but it really is a nice big space once you clear out all the random shyt that was stored in there. Of course we are still trying to find homes for some of that random shyt, but we're getting there. I was gonna put Fluff's name above the closet, but with the border there now, I don't think I will.

The new floor...so much better than the "AstroTurf green" that used to be in there. This is actually the floor we wanted to put in the rest of the house, but it was out of stock forever. It makes the room look so much bigger and brighter and nicer. This weekend we'll pick up the baseboard molding and finish it off!


It's coming together, slowly but surly. Now we just need some furniture....well and a baby!!!






Thanks again to Grampy and Uncle Eric for their help!

No comments:

 
Site Meter