Monday, November 20, 2006

Body Pillows and Cravings

This last week has been kind of tough. I have been having a really hard time sleeping. I can't find a comfy position and my beloved son finds great joy in doing the Electric Slide all night long. While commiserating with a friend, who is a mom, she told me that she had a similar problem and went out and got a SNOOGLE and it saved her life. Well, I took a look at it and read all the reviews and it sounds very nice, but $50 for a pillow is a bit much for me. So I spent two nights trying to arrange 4 standard pillows to work the same way...not so much. So I hauled myself down to the local Big Lots (by the way I highly recommend this store if you have one. You really can find great deals there. Some stuff it wikid ghetto, but there is some nice stuff too) and got a nice smooshy body pillow for $12. This thing is the BOMB. I can smoosh it into any formation I want. All the books say to sleep on your left side, something about more blood getting to the placenta or something. Well, I have news, when you have gained 15lbs, sleeping on one side all the time tends to cut off circulation to that side and make sleeping not so comfy. So I alternate sides and even.. *GASP* occasionally sleep on my back. All I know is since the pillow, I can get through the night and life is good.

While at Big Lots I also satisfied my first real craving. I mean I have been on some sort of wired friend chicken binge since I got pregnant, but I have yet to have one of those "I MUST HAVE NOW" cravings. Well, I got one. For some reason, I NEEDED to have Lucky Charms. Why Lucky Charms?? When I was a kid it was always more Capn' Crunch or Boo Berry. Not this time, I swore if I didn't get some purple horsehoes and blue diamonds someone, probably Daddy, was going to die. Luckily I was able to kill two birds with one stone as they say and every one lived to tell the tale. But now I need a new box!! ;-)

No comments:

 
Site Meter