
I must confess that I have been a bit nervous about how Ellie will react once Fluff arrives. We have tried to be good about carrying around a baby to get her used to it, but she is still far to spoiled for her own good.
We have been without power for the last couple of days thanks to this wonderful ice storm, so Ellie has been providing some extra heat to Mommy at night. Last night, we were all snuggled in bed and Ellie had her head sort of tucked under my belly. She likes to sleep with her head on my belly and I often wonder if she can hear Fluff's heartbeat. Well, last night she was all cuddled with me and the baby kicked, and Ellie's tail started wagging. Then she made a little "woofing" sound and nuzzled my belly...the baby kicked again!! This went on, back and forth for a few minuets. Finally, I picked up the covers and looked at Ellie and said "Are you talking to the baby??" and her tail set to wagging up a storm and she leaned up and gave me kisses!!
I guess it's safe to say that right now.....she loves her baby!! We'll see how she feels in 2 yrs when Fluff is chasing her around the house and pulling her tail!!

No comments:
Post a Comment