Life has been pretty tough this past week. Sleep has not been something easy coming for me. If I try to sleep on my side, Fluff objects by spending hours kicking my sides, paying special attention to hitting any major organs that are in his ever expanding range of motion. If I try to sleep on my back, I wake up most mornings barley able to walk due to the extra weight on my spine, that is if Fluff even lets me sleep because he seems content to "swim" back and forth all night long. I have tried every old wives tales listed to try to sleep. I've had mint tea, ginger tea, warm milk, hot showers and meditated. I've used more pillows, fewer pillows, body pillows....you name it I've done it. NOTHING works.Last night, I was the lucky recipient of 4 total hours of sleep, with no block lasting more than 1 1/2. Now, admittedly, part of the problem was Ellie dog's need to be taken out every 3hrs due to a case of rabid diarrhea. So today, having taped my eye lids open to make it through the work day, I called my doctor to see what could be done to help me sleep, because I was starting to hate my son. Luckily, it is perfectly safe for pregnant women to take Unisom as needed for occasional help sleeping. I would like to offer the Pfizer Corporation my sincere thanks for creating a product that may just allow me 8 blessed hours of sleep.
The good news in all this, once Fluff is here and I'm up with feedings and all that fun stuff, I am able to function pretty well on 4hrs of very interrupted sleep!!!
Wish me sweet dreams!!!!!

No comments:
Post a Comment