Tuesday, August 01, 2006
OBGYN #1
I had my first visit with my OBGYN today. I must say right off that I LOVE my doctor. She's a family practice md, so she's my primary care, she'll be my OBGYN, she'll deliver the baby and be my pediatrician....love one stop shopping. I also love her cause she's down to earth, sort of flakey and totally into making this pregnancy and birth whatever Daddy and I want to make it. She's a big advocate of hypno-birthing and water births, which sounds intriguing to me but I think may be freaking Daddy out a big, but if we want an drugs and a bed, she's fine with that too. I feel a lot better and more optimistic after today's visit, and I think Daddy does too. I'm excited that I didn't have to have an internal or pap today since I JUST had one in June. It was also comforting to hear her say she never had morning sickness with her daughter and she understands the lack of symptoms and the need for something to validate the pregnancy. I feel like a huge weight has been lifted off my shoulders. We didn't do the sonogram today because the Dr. said in all honesty, they don't hear anything in the office til 12 weeks. SO, next Monday at 1 I have an ultra sound to check dates, make sure everything is where it's suppose to be and be sure there is only ONE Fluffernutter in there. Then my next OBGYN is in 6 weeks when I"ll be 12 weeks and we should hear a heart beat in the office. It's nice to have baby steps to look forward too. 6 days til an ultrasound that can go a long way to easing a lot of worries and then 5 weeks til the next office visit, that I think will be the longest wait. All I can do is keep putting one foot in front of the other and stay positive.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment