(that's Fluffernutter there between the two stars and the darker circle is the heart!!!)So I had my ultrasound today. I left work and picked up Daddy, all the while drinking my gallon of water. Let me tell you, it is CRUEL to expect a pregnant woman to drink large amounts of fluid and then HOLD IT for up to an hour. I'm lucky I can hold it 10mins, forget an hour!!! But I did. We got to the hospital and checked in at the Ultrasound place and were told to have a seat. A couple minutes later, a very nice woman came and took us into the exam room. (I must say, I was very relieved, having had about 10 ultrasounds in the past, I know that some of the techs at the hospital make Nurse Rachet look like Florence Nightingale). So I got up on the bed and the put the icky gel on and the tech says "I'm just going to get situated and then I'll turn the monitor around". Ok. So she starts move the wand around, and snapping buttons, a puzzled look, more scanning and pushing.... then she says "Do you know how far along you are" to which I reply "6 or 7 weeks". nothing....more scanning.....then she says "Have you had any bleeding" to which my heart sinks and I say "No". A bit more scanning and she says "We're going to need to do an internal ultrasound, have you had one before". At this point my heart stopped, then picked up at a million beats a second and I managed to say "yes". So she tells me to go empty my bladder and get into a johnny. I can't even look at Daddy, my heart is breaking because I"m SURE something is wrong. I am fighting back tears when I get back on the bed, and get the wand all inserted. I grabbed Daddy's hand and refused to look at the screen because I was sure that if something was wrong, I wouldn't be able to deal. Then Daddy squeezed my hand and the tech says "There he is". The little bugger was curled up in the very corner so that the regular ulstrasound didn't pick him up. And there, clear as day, was a little spec fluttering (at 144beats per second). This time it was tears of joy the filled my eyes. I have never been so scared in my entire life. So officially, I am 6 weeks and 4 days today. That makes my due date March 29th. My next appointment isn't until September 12th....but I feel good knowing that Fluffernutter is in there and growing and everything is all right. It was a very emotional day, I think I'll go take a nap!

2 comments:
*TEARS* WOOOOOOOOOOOO HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO I'M SO HAPPY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! RUBY'S GONNA HAVE A NEW COUSIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And with the KEWLEST NAME TOO! hehehehe
I LOVE YOU!!!!!!!!!!!! (* little fluff too!)
hee hee
-AUNTIE AMY & COUSIN RUBY ROO!
I love you ... I'm so happy for you and Daddy Elvis and Fluffernutter too (just please don't put that on the birth certificate, OK?)
I'm having heart failure for you so you can officially stop worrying ... I'm doing it all for you.
All my love,
Aunt D, Aunt Melissa and Cousin Gage
Post a Comment