Wednesday, August 16, 2006

Unfortunate Gene Pool.....

I told my parents about their impending grandparenthood over the weekend. I ment to post this a lot soon, but Fluffernutter and I have been feeling a bit icky of late, my allergies are going nuts and I'm really tired.

So, I can't just come out and tell my parents I'm pregnant, that's just not how we do things, so I got my Dad a hat that said "#1 Grampy" and my mom a little brag book with a the ultrasound picture in the front. I gave them the presents. My mom looked at both and figured it out right away. My Dad just stared at the hat, then the picture. My moms says "Do you know what this is" My dad said "The dog is pregnant!!!" So I chimed in with "No...I am".

Much happiness all around.

I'm sorry Fluffernutter....these are your Polish genes coming through.

Then my Dad wanted to know why it didn't say "#1 Dziadzia" (pronounced Judge-joo). I figured most people would look at the hat and this someone had a spazmatic typing fit while making it, plus the woman who ran the hat making stand did not speak the best English, I thought it best to go with something from her pre-selected list.

This weekend we tell his family.

More to come...if I'm not alseep! ;-)

1 comment:

Miss_Deidre said...

Imagine what he's going to be like once he realizes his inner Gaelic/Italian that comes from his Aunt D

We really should warn the school system up there ... give them some time to prepare

 
Site Meter