Wednesday, August 23, 2006

Sleeping Beauty gets Pregnant

Let me preface this post by saying ......I am a champion sleeper. If sleeping were a sport, I'd be the New York Yankees of sleep. Ask my mom. I was like the perfect baby, I slept through the night at 2 days old, she had to wake me up to feed me and I'd fall asleep again before she could burp me. My entire life, give me a semi flat surface, a kind of soft blanket and I am out cold. It's not a surprise that "Sleeping Beauty" was my favorite Disney movie. Frankly, I was annoyed at Prince Philip for kissing her and waking her up, I would have been like "Damn it I was sleeping!!" It's recreation for me. I don't even have to be really tired to nap, just if I"m bored or trying to work out a problem, I'll take a nap to clear my head.

However.....despite my penchant for sleep, it is NOTHING compare to the complete and utter exhaustion of being pregnant. I slept for 16hrs on Sunday, and that's not counting the 13 I slept from Sunday Night til I had to get up to go to work on Monday. I actually left work on Tuesday to go home and sleep. (thus the lack of a post for so long cause I've been SLEEPING). Honest to god, this little parasite is sucking my will to live. I got out of work today, took a shower, napped for an hour and half, had dinner, and I'm ready to get back to bed til I have to work tomorrow. And I'm only 9 weeks along!! So if someone, no matter 'how pregnant' they are complains of being tired, trust me they're not just 'playing the pregnancy card' to get out of something...they really are exhausted.

I know I"m building a baby and all...but damn someone needs to invent pregnancy energizer batteries (lack of caffeine doesn't help) cause I"m amazing myself with my sleeping abilities now.

Off to visit the sandman.......

No comments:

 
Site Meter